Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tale Eighty One: Hibernation

On Friday, I did something I never ever thought I'd do.

I gave my druid to Mr. Littlebark.

I love leveling. I love the grind. I had 5 maxxed leveled characters at one point. My hunter, my druid, my warlock, my priest and my paladin.

Mr. Littlebark HATES leveling. He leveled his shaman to 80 when WOTLK came out because he had to. And he leveled his warrior with my priest. It took him 24 months to level his mage to 80. In the past two years, we've shuffled my toons to him because I don't play them and he's good at gearing them out.

I made it very clear that Littlebark was -and forever will be- out of bounds.

Maybe it's the valley of dullness I'm in at the moment with WoW. Maybe it's that I know that Catalysm is right around the corner. Maybe it's because I left the only two guilds I felt at home with and have been wandering solo for too long.

But when he asked -jokingly- for Littlebark, I said yes.

My toon that has my 4 pages of companion pets.

The toon that has TONS of exalted reputation.

The toon that I know like the back of my hand.

My only toon who has ever had a defined RP story.

Gone.

So this is my hibernation till Catalysm. I'm -of course- leveling another druid to 80, and hopefully before Catalysm hits.

But even then, who knows? I'm still irked over the "you have to dps as a healer now" bit. So we'll see how things go and hopefully you'll see me once Deathwing makes the first tremor.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow.

    O.O

    I could never give up my main! Kudos to you for being able to step back and start afresh. Perhaps you could blog about levelling a new druid now that you know them better/avoiding the pitfalls.

    :>

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Oombulance: It was *really* hard giving her up. But I think I needed to step back - it was getting to the point of me stressing for not finding a guild that I like and not being able to raid. I realized awhile back that maybe the reason I can't find one is because I'm not ready for one.

    Thanks for the luck. (:

    ReplyDelete